- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
- 1 envelope taco seasoning (or homemade taco seasoning - recipe below)
- 1 jar (16 oz.) chunky salsa
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (8 3/4 oz.) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1 can (15 oz.) mild enchilada sauce, divided
- 8 to 10 flour tortillas (6" size)
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
1. Prepare chicken with taco seasoning as directed below or on package of taco seasoning mix; cool 10 minutes.
2. Stir in salsa, beans, corn and 1 cup cheese.
3. Spread 1/4 cup enchilada sauce on bottom of 13"x9" baking dish. Place 2/3 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla; roll up. Place in dish, seam side down, on top of sauce.
4. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over tortillas; sprinkle with remaining cheese and the sliced olives.
5. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and filling is hot.
Yield: 8 servings
Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 2 tsp minced onion
- 1 tsp salt (I use less)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp corn starch
- 1/2 crushed dried red peppers (optional)
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp cumin
1. Add about 1/2 cup of water with seasoning to 1 lb. of cooked meat and simmer.
2. Also depending on the flavor you like you can add more of any one of the ingredients above to add stronger flavors.