Friday, November 6, 2009

Sicilian Stuffed Artichokes

This is my husband's yummy recipe. Handed down from his sicilian grandfather. Soooo yummy!

Made by Dacia.


Ingredients:
  • Artichokes
  • Bread crumbs
  • Pecorino Romano
  • Vegetable oil
  • water

Directions:

  1. Cut edges of artichoke leaves off. Cut stem of artichoke off. Cut top of artichoke off. Separate leaves & wash.
  2. Mix equal portions of bread crumbs and cheese. Enough to fill the amount of artichokes you are cooking.
  3. Separate leaves and stuff with bread crumb mixture.
  4. Place artichokes in slow cooker.
  5. Pour oil over artichokes, so the mixture is moist.
  6. Fill water up to bottom of artichokes.
  7. Slow cook on low for 6-7 seven hours or until leaves pull out easily. You can also cook on high for a shorter amount of time.

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog and I am going through your posts and I have to say that your recipe for stuffed artichokes is SPOT ON. Great job! This is the same recipe that my Sicilian grandmother used, minus the slow cooker but that's a great idea! I forgot about how wonderful stuffed artichokes are and I can't wait to make them! Thanks for the great recipe!!

    ReplyDelete